Country life in Lungau
Nestled in the natural paradise of Lungau lies St. Michael, with Weissenstein Nature Retreat, your natural holiday retreat, in the middle of it all.
Live out your love of nature with us and discover the beauty of the unspoilt countryside!
- 13 authentic side valleys
- 60 shimmering mountain lakes
- Over 70 rustic Alpine huts
- Salzburg’s Alpine Summer
- Bauernherbst harvest time in Lungau
- Unspoilt natural landscapes
- Vivid history, culture, and tradition
Our region’s rustic Alpine huts are open for hikers from June to the end of September. There you can fortify yourself with typical products from mountain farming, such as fresh milk, fine cheese specialties, and many a herbal elixir. Salzburg’s Alpine Summer and Lungau’s Bauernherbst are also very popular.
A love letter to country life
- Stunning landscape of mountains and hills
- Mountain lakes, mountain streams, Alpine pastures, forests, and peaks
- Seven peaceful side valleys and unspoilt nature
- Characterised by mountain agriculture and culture
- Historic and traditional
- Sustainable and close to nature
- Protected as UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Salzburg’s Lungau
a love letter from Weissenstein